Friday

Spring Update

I haven't blogged in ages.  Life moves so quickly with little ones, as most of you know.  Oliver and I are working our butts off, come home and make dinner, then usually fall asleep with the girls around 8:30 p.m.  Yeah, we live a fascinating life.

I am very pleased to report I have been very good with my 2012 goals and resolutions.  I have already reached my goal weight and have now set a new goal weight, which I am about seven pounds away from.  I've been very strict in not eating gluten.  I actually think that I may in fact have a gluten intolerance.  I know I am not celiac, the tests said I was not.  When I eliminate it, however, I feel great.  Same goes with dairy.  But I mean, come on, sometimes a girl just has to have a piece of cheese.  So I allow myself a little wiggle room with that but it's usually in such a small  quantity that it doesn't really disrupt my life.  Also, found out that soy and soy-based products give me migraines.  How wonderful.  So no soy for this mama.

We haven't attended church and thus the girls have yet to be baptized.  I am still working on that goal.

We have been going on one date night each month.  I just wish the months went by quicker so we could go on more dates!  We have a few trips to the CHI coming up in which we have to go solo...so that will be a nice retreat for us.  Oliver and I both have wedding festivities coming up for our friends.  We have three sets of friends (Pacer/Saigh, Cirone/Sawdy and Scritchlow) getting married this year, so that is so much fun to look forward to!

The girls are doing great.  Sofia is officially potty trained and Cecelia is crawling everywhere and can now crawl up to something, hold on to it, and stand next to it.  It's fantastic.  I love watching these girls grow.

This weekend is Easter and we are very excited to watch Sofia participate in egg hunts.  She took part in an egg hunt last weekend at the indoor aquatic center and that was a blast (for both of us).  This Sunday, my mom is going to have an egg hunt for Sofia.  I think that will be hilarious to watch.

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying this fantastic weather! HOPPY EASTER :)

0 comments: