It's been about six weeks since baby Cece arrived, which means it is time to start thinking about heading back to work. I left without a definitive date in which I would return, but I told my boss we would catch up before week eight to hammer out a plan. I decided before I left, at the suggestion of my boss, to return to work the way I left - gradually. So I will probably work about 12 hours the first week, then 18, then 25, then 32 then full time just in time for the holiday rush (actually, holiday rush starts in about two weeks and lasts through NYE).
I really am looking forward to getting back in to the bakery and gossiping with the girls that work there, chumming it up with our regular customers (one of which gave me the nicest card that one of my co-workers dropped off - so nice!), and of course - shooting the breeze with my boss. She is super cool and a lot of fun to joke around with.
HOWEVER - I am very nervous about leaving the girls. I really look forward to my family popping in each day to help me out and I hope that they aren't overwhelmed the way I sometimes feel. Sofia has to nap or she 'acts a fool' and baby Cece has her own little schedule going on. I know the girls will be in good hands (my mom and grandma, after all ) but I wish I could be more involved. Just thinking about leaving them to go to work each day makes me feel sad...and it hasn't even begun! In a perfect world I would be able to work part-time, leaving each day long enough to do something productive and make some money and have some adult time. This would let me spend the remainder of each day with the girls. I will miss making breakfast each morning, coloring, going on walks and reading books from our 'library' (which is just our overfull bookcase that Sofia constantly disrupts and send my organizing OCD into overdrive). Sofia really depends on routine and we've made such a nice one I'm not sure I will want to break it up (insert sad face here).
Well, until then, I am going to savor every minute I have with the girls and take a ton of pictures. Did I mention I will really miss nap time...
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment