Yesterday was my last appointment before baby. I had a quick pre-op (because I am having a C-Section) and then a quick visit with my doctor. I have a very, very early check-in for the C-Section (5:30 a.m.), which is earlier than with Sofia (7 a.m.). Oh well, that just means less time I have to wait and if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep I will have to wait only a few hours before we take off to the hospital. The C-Section is scheduled for August 25th. In the meantime, my doctor told me he is NOT on call this weekend and he would recommend that I take it REALLY easy so as not to put myself into labor. I told my doctor not to worry as my last official day of work (to start maternity leave) was this past Wednesday and this weekend I have no plans. The most strenuous things I did today included: vacuuming the floors, cutting a few of those damn prickly weeds out from around the front of the house (with long shears so I didn't have to bend over, hehehehe) and getting on the floor to change Sofia's diapers. Yes, the girl still wears diapers - my big maternity leave goal is to get her potty trained (wish me luck).
*******

On another note...today is my dear friend Jenny's birthday. I have blogged about her before, and how close she is to our family. She is coming down from the CHI on Wednesday to take care of Sofia on Thursday while I deliver baby Cece. She will be with us through the weekend to help take care of Sofia and to provide us with her always fantastic humor and love. I can't wait to see her! Sofia and I wrapped her birthday present today, and I snapped a shot to text her this morning. I remember two years ago being very, very pregnant with Sofia and going to Jenny's apartment for her birthday party. Oliver played flippy cup while I rested my cankles on Jenny's couch and ate a bunch of sloppy joes and whatever else her family and friends had brought to eat. Hehehe. Two years later, I can't make it to her birthday but I will be there in spirit and will definitely have a glass of wine with her once I am able to (which reminds me that pumpkin ale is soon in season and I so cannot wait for a frosty mug of that wonderful goodness). Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY and we'll see you next week.
1 comments:
I can not wait to meet baby cece! I'll be praying for you all that day!!
Post a Comment