Wednesday

Tomorrow We Become a Family of Four

I am so excited that tomorrow is the big day...the day we become a family of four. I have waited not so patiently for 39 weeks and 3 days for this moment to arrive. My pregnancy has been trying on my body, but in looking back, I am blessed with how well the pregnancy went overall. No complications, just a lot of aches and pains on my part...totally natural for previous c-section mommies who work on their feet all day long.

This week has gone by much faster than I imagined. I am glad and thankful I was able to nap and sleep. I feel Sofia has been acting a little out of sorts, and sleeping less sound at night. She is excited for baby Cece but she has developed some major mommy attachment. I hope she doesn't hate me when I am taking care of little sister and trying to heal myself rather than cuddling with her in our usual routine. Any advise from mommies with kiddos close in age???

My mom, sister and I took my grandma out for her birthday last night. We went to dinner and to see The Help. What a fantastic movie...I mean, it made me pretty emotional...but it was probably one of the best movies I have seen in a really, really long time. I am still thinking about it today and probably will think about it for a long time to come.

This afternoon my friend Jenny will arrive to help out over the next few days (yay!). Tonight I made a special request to my dad for him to make me steak for my "last meal". Not just any steak, it is this prime rib roast flank steak thing with this wine/mushroom reduction. Oh lord, it makes mama's mouth water. I guess in my mind 'beefin' up on some red meat pre-operation means you will have good fat, nutrients and iron to get you through. Or maybe because we had steak the night before Sofia was born. I am all about tradition...and due to my husband and his late mother....a little superstition, too.

I am done rambling, rearing to go, and looking forward to my next post being the Cece reveal picture.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

0 comments: