Monday

(Very early) Monday Morning Ramblings

The hubs alarm went off shortly after 5 a.m. this morning, although I was already laying in bed AWAKE.  I swear, this kid is sitting right on my bladder.  So nice.  I wake up and really have to pee, but at this point in my pregnancy, getting my fat **s in and out of my very tall bad is a very strenuous task.  So I was procrastinating getting up and just couldn't get comfortable after I did get up and made it back to bed.  Thus, I'm here to tell you what's been happening lately:

  • I went on a mini online shopping spree last week.  My purchases included: an infant car seat (I spoke of buying a new one in a recent post and finally did it), a book for myself, a Snow White ballerina costume (for Sofia to wear for fun and at her upcoming 2nd birthday party - obviously the theme is Snow White), decorations for said party, and some decorations for a baby shower my little sister is throwing for one of her old room mate's girlfriends.
  • Back to this book I ordered...I read another blog in which the blogger noted this as being a really good book.  The book is A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life by Donald Miller.  The writer has written quite a few books, many of which touch upon God and the bible and Christianity...but in a modern way from what I gather.  I'm really not sure what to expect but I look forward to getting into the book.  I read the first few chapters on the Kindle app on my phone, but the screen is so damn small that it was causing this mama some major eye strain.  So I sprung for the HARDBACK on Amazon.  I'm a real sucker for hardback books.  There is just something substantial about them that I love.  Not that I read enough to be a collector (my book collection has been sitting in a box in a storage unit since I moved back to Champaign...).  I will fill you in on my thoughts about this book when I finish.  Anyone else ever read this or any of Donald Miller's other books?
  • Since my 'near-labor experience' a few weeks back, I've been hanging in there with much less pain but lots of other strange and peculiar feelings.  I hope CeCe comes soon, my body is getting tired. :)  Also, the car seat arrives today so we will technically be ready for her (technically...).
  • My 36 week doctor's appointment is this morning.  In terms of my actual due date, I'm 35 1/2 weeks, but what's four days difference?  I'm counting based on the scheduled delivery date :)  So this appointment will include a few tests and I hope the doc will check to see if I have begun to dilate, if the baby is still in breach position (which I think she is not any more), and a few more in-depth things.  I feel like each appointment is so quick and nothing is ever really checked (besides my fantastic blood pressure and not so fantastic weight...really...my blood pressure is amazing!).  My mom is coming with me to my appointment because Oliver has to work.  I usually don't care if there is someone with me at my appointments, but I thought my mom might want to come and she said she did.  She's the best.
I'll check back and fill you in on my appointments and what the 'big troca' brought to the house from Amazon.  Note: I told Sofia that her birthday party supplies were coming on the big troca...so we've been patiently waiting on this big truck to get here.  Troca basically means 'pick-up truck' in Spanish, but it is easier than Camion (?), so she refers to all trucks now as trocas.  For example, because Oliver drives a truck she says, "Daddy, big troca, vrooom".  It's fun having a Spanglish speaking baby...or it will be until her Spanglish gets better than mine and I become even more confused than I already am with two languages in the house.

1 comments:

Bron said...

Cant believe you only got 4 weeks to go !!