- Rave: I had a birthday. Although I don't enjoy the fact that I am aging, I did have a fantastic birthday. I worked the early shift, took a nice nap with Sofia, got ready and put on a dress, went to my favorite Indian restaurant in town. My whole family was there, too. Then we returned to my parent's house to have my current favorite cake from work: Coconut Cream Cake. Delish! Oliver took me back to SIU for a weekend, too. It was great...a birthday/babymoon to Carbondale. Hahahahahaha. I loved every minute of it.
- Rant: My neighbors. No, I'm not talking about the neighbors across the street (which would be my parents). I'm talking about the friendly neighbors next door. Bless their hearts, they are the nicest people and friendliest neighbors on earth...but they practically stalk us. I'm not sure the understand that they stalk us, which makes this all even worse. We can rarely use our yard (because our fence blew down in a storm and we are slowly building a new one) and can never really start any new backyard projects when they are around. The kids will come in our yard and the parents will talk, and talk, and talk. I almost think the reason why the fence is moving so slow is because we can only work on it when they aren't out in their yard. THEY ARE ALWAYS IN THEIR YARD. However, they are really sweet and caring and helpful...but I wish they could get the hint. We have even had to start pulling into our garage and shutting the garage door before we even get out of the car...just to avoid having to get out and say hello.
- Rave: We bought a mini van. I would have considered this to be a rant in any other situation, but the room is fantastic. With a toddler and a baby on the way, we needed space. Specifically to haul around baby stuff, our dog, and our stuff. I want to make a better effort to go back up to Chicago at least once a month to visit Oliver's dad and family. The mini van should assist in these quick weekend trips. Offering space, storage and comfort. It's a black Chrysler Town & Country. Lots of bells and whistles and...the best part...the interest rate, payments and loan is WAAAAAYYY better than the Jeep. Plus, our insurance went down with the van! Score!
- Rant: Pregnancy the second time around really is different. I'm sure that due to my work situation, I am giving my body a real workout (standing for 7-9 hours at a time is rough on a non-preggo body). I have had to cut back on my hours and the maximum shift I will work now is six hours. This is pretty much the most I can go. I think that as I enter into the last eight weeks I might even have to scale back some more. Maybe doing split six hours shifts or even four hour shifts. I have developed intense round ligament pain. This occurs mainly in my groin and left side of my body. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that CeCe is currently breach, or just because of the whole standing at work thing. Either way, I'm trying to get through it. Some days it is almost paralyzing. I can barely walk or sit or stand. Laying down is often rough as well. I pray each day that I'm not put on bed rest because of this nonsense. As of recently (from late week 25 to present) I have started having some cramping. It is low, uncomfortable and and scary. I'm going to keep an eye on it and rest as much as possible. Hopefully rest is the trick, but so far, nothing will relieve it.
- Rave: Oliver has been digging up the final few bushes and shrubs that I despised in our front yard. We officially cleared out nearly the entire front yard landscape since moving in. I asked for Mother's Day for Oliver to dig up the last few plants. I would rather having a nice, empty landscape than overgrown nonsense growing in front of my house. I also hated the country looking fence that cornered the edges of our property. I yanked that sucker out the day we moved in. This ain't no country mama. Hahahahaha. In place of everything we've been digging out, I have been putting low maintenance, small shrubs or evergreens and some various colored sea grasses. Of course, keeping in mind my need for symmetry. Will post pics of front yard once the whole thing is complete (probably next year...but hell...we're doing the best we can).
- Rant: Weight gain this pregnancy is a real issue for me. I started off heavier than when I started off with Sofia. Which I can deal with. With Sofia, I found out I was pregnant about a month after running the Chicago Marathon. I was the thinnest I had ever been. This time around I had some more cushion...but the weight gain has been faster than before. I can explain why to a point...put seriously? I'm starting to look like a freaking hot ham eating wildabeast. I can't wait to sign up for Weight Watchers, start riding my bike and walking. No running though, unless I get shots in my knees for my Osteo Arthritis. That's a whole other rant...such bull***. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Moving on...
- Rave: We bought a new washer and dryer this weekend. Nice front loading, energy saving and efficient. We got a great deal on them, 24 months of financing and free delivery and haul away of the old machines (going to try to sell them in the meantime, just to see if we can get something outta them). This will make my most hated chore a little easier. And...we're going to pimp out the laundry closet by tiling the floor, building some shelfs, installing the steamer on the wall for easier access and use, and putting a laundry sorter on the floor to make it easier. Yay!
Well, I'm done ranting and raving for now. I'll check in again soon (or later). Holla!
0 comments:
Post a Comment