![]() |
| This is jalepeno jelly green, just to give you an idea. |
So in anticipation, here is my DIY list for 2011:
1. Create a built-in closet for the new baby's room (see photo belwo). So far we've gutted the room, painted in jalepeno jelly (see above photo) on the bottom half and white on the top half. We gutted the closet and painted the whole interior of the closet in that same color. We have white furniture (two dressers and a crib) and the day bed is in there for me. After my last C-Section I needed to sleep in a different bed because my beloved king size bed was too
![]() |
| This is my vision for the closet in the baby's room. |
3. Build a pantry. Right now we don't have a walk-in pantry in our kitchen. So I plan to relocate the door in our extra family room closet to actually be in our kitchen (hard to imagine but it works) and so we'll have a great pantry. We'll need the extra space to store stuff once we have to start buying tiny baby stuff again!
4. Redo the fireplace. I want to take down the wood planks that are there now and replace them with a more brick style of tile. Then build up around the fireplace and install some built-in cabinets and book shelves on either side.
So in the end, I'm glad my dad has saws and all the tools and that my husband watches the DIY network. Between the two of them, I think I'll have some cool, personalized items...hopefully before August. :) I'll keep you posted on how these come along (or not, hahahaha).


0 comments:
Post a Comment