Thursday

Who Knew Cookies Could Wear You Out?

Today at work I finalized 165 of these little cookies that are stacked to look like wedding cakes.  They were for a major order we had at the bakery for a wedding this weekend.  The bride brought in a photo from Martha Stewart (geeze) that look basically like the photo to the right.

We had to bake off three different sizes of cookies and assemble each tier and then assemble the whole cake.  I did the all 165 (plus about 20 extras) between yesterday and today.  Luckily we had just enough to make two extra for the bride, as I gave up about 20 of the large round cookies to someone else to use to start making ice cream sandwiches (which by the way are amazing...small-batch ice cream from our bakery really, really rocks). 

I am so thankful that all these cookies turned out pretty well.  Each cake was bagged individually in a little cellophane bag and tied at the top with a black, satin ribbon.  Oh, the flowers on top were maroon with a white, edible pearl.  The icing between the layers was a white decorators icing that tastes a lot like the white stuff between an Oreo cookie.  I really hope the bride is pleased with these little cakes....because my hands are raw from piping so much icing from the BIG pastry bag.  I loaded that sucker up because I'm lazing and didn't want to re-fill it every 5 minutes. 

As it took nearly 6 hours today, it gave me a lot of time to think about the number of uses the cakes really have.  I think I'll make some to take to Ashley MacCurdy's bachelorette party/shower/extravaganza.

Oh yes, in big baby news...SOFIA IS OFFICIALLY CRAWLING!  She's able to not just scoot/crawl, but take little baby crawls all over the place.  She looks like a wind-up toy and it's just so freakin' cute.  She also can pull herself up to stand at her taller toys and fireplace (which I baby-proofed last week...must be a mother's instinct that the crawling was quickly approaching).

0 comments: