Thursday

Avocados, Anyone?

Simple Tip: Spray Avocado with Pam to Prevent Browning

I don't know about all of you, but I love me some avocado.  It's so smooth and creamy and wonderful...and can be healthy, too.  My baby loves avocado as well.  I mush it up for her and she eats it right up.  Recently we went to a local Mexican restaurant on a whim, thus I had not packed Sofia's baby food.  As a result, we ordered some sliced avocado for her and she loved it! 

My only problem with this delicious little green fruit (?) is that it begins to brown nearly immediately after coming in contact with the air.  I've tried lime juice to slow the browning process, but that takes away from the flavor (unless I'm making guac) - not to mention it makes Sofia make some pretty funny faces.  During my daily internet search, I found the link above and I can't wait to try it out.  I hope it works for other avocado lovers out there - if so, let me know!

0 comments: