Friday

Heidi's Coming!

One of my bestest friends ever, Heidi, is coming to visit in just a few short weeks.  Heidi and her daughter, Brooke, will fly from South Carolina to Illinois to visit us for about 6 nights.  We're so excited for her to come visit.  I think it's been about eight years since Heidi has been to Illinois, maybe even longer.  Her daughter is almost exactly two years older than Sofia, so I'm sure Sofia will enjoy watching Brooke run around and play and show her all the ways of a 'big girl'.  I'm so excited for their visit and can't wait to see them!  I'm planning to take them to the petting zoo, maybe to a couple of the cute little parks in Champaign-Urbana, and most def. hit up Heidi and my favorite local food establishments (i.e. Monicals, Jarlings Custard Cup, the Hawaiian Ice stand, my bakery -of course-, etc.).  I think we're also going to have a mommy/baby photo with our girls.  It's tradition that we take a photo with each other in a tree (not sure how this happened but it's been going on for 15 years now - at least).  I scouted out a great tree in Champaign to use just for this mommy/baby photo.  YAY!  It will go wonderfully in the 'HOT MAMA' frame I just mailed to Heidi.  Not sure if I really feel like a hot mama (more like a hot mess at times) but whatever - when your kid is so damn cute - it doesn't matter what the mom looks like anymore, everyone just pays attention to the cute little kid.  I'm blessed to have such a beautiful daughter to distract everyone's eyes from my make-up-less and nappy-haired self.

0 comments: