Friday

Buttercream and Swimming Pools

I worked double-duty today and it's only 10:30 a.m.  I opened the bakery this morning and worked, worked, worked, then headed over to my second job (which ends next week).  This morning at the bakery, we had to start fulfilling an order for 150 cupcakes.  So I was literally up to my elbows in buttercream.  Even after scrubbing and washing and changing my clothes (to my desk job clothes) I still smell buttercream.  It's not a bad thing, it's just difficult to try to want to eat my healthy snacks when all I can think about are cupcakes!  The bakery http://www.thenewsweetindulgence.com/ is just about the most amazing place ever.  Everything there is so fresh and tasty...not to mention the staff and the owner are super friendly.  I enjoy working there and will really enjoy managing the place beginning in June.  My little sister is a baker/pastry chef there, too, so that makes it even better that I can spend some time with her.  The picture to the right showcases the STRAWBERRY CREAM cupcakes that are oh so heavenly.  Yellow cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream icing.  It's just about the coolest and crispest taste you can have on a hot summer day.  They're some of my favorites.  Notice how I said some...I have a lot of favorites at the bakery.

Sofia and I have been spending a lot of time outdoors these days and I'm loving it.  She seems to enjoy it just as much.  Her love for the water is probably genetic, but it's amazing that at only 8.5 months she is able to put her face (voluntarily) in the water and come up smiling and not choking!  I take her to swim lessons every Friday night, but we've been getting some extra practice in my parent's pool (pictures to the left).  I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time at my parent's pool this summer and in the future.  Good thing we live across the street - easy and free pool access for my precious baby girl!

0 comments: