Tuesday

Subflooring Nightmare

For a while now there has been a lump under our carpet in our bedroom. It isn't from the carpet being loose, worn or in need of stretching and re-tacking. It is a hard lump caused by the subfloor. O refuses to go in the crawlspace to look. I don't blame him...but we need to get down there to check things out. He shined a light in there and didn't see anything, but without actually venturing under the house and inspecting the area under our bedroom, we will never know if the source of the issue is from water damage, etc.

So...I may have cut a hole out of the carpet today...directly above the lump...and found the subfloor to be severly damaged to the point of shredded wood. There also was a distinct odor of moisture and a definite flow of stale, moldy air. Can we say NASTY and OMG and WTF? So...I got a rug from my mom to cover the hole I ripped up and will wait to see how O is when he comes home before I spring my little (huge) detective work (gaping hole in the carpet) on him. Wish me luck.

P.S. I may have already picked out some awesome flooring to put down once we rip all this up...I am so terrible :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

0 comments: