Despite the unknown and usually tiring evenings I face, I fall asleep knowing one thing - my happy juice is waiting for me in the morning. Let me explain. I love coffee. It is my happy juice. The smell, taste, color, sound of it brewing and even the site of a coffee mug all make me happy.
It seems like however unpredictable my evening may be, Cecelia wakes up each day around the 6:30. This gives me one hour to change her, feed her and make myself a cup of coffee before big sister wakes up. It energizes me and physically and mentally motivates me. If I am frustrated by something it seems to dissolve with each sip I take. I am not kidding. For example, I was eight sentences in to a mean text (yeah, that is a long text) to my husband explaining all the crap frustrating me this morning and I set my phone aside to take a drink of coffee. The sip turned into two, then three, then pretty soon I finished my 8 ounces of liquid happiness and my phone went to sleep moving the text to my drafts. I felt it was too much work to retract it from drafts and send it so I didn't. Basically, my coffee saved me a worthless argument with O that was based on my waking up on the wrong side of the bed.
What is your favorite coffee? If you don't drink it, what do you do or eat or drink each morning that peps you up for the day?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2
0 comments:
Post a Comment