I've noticed other preggo bloggers do these each week. Well, I am very far behind, but here goes:
How Far Along: 33 1/2 weeks. (FYI: I'm scheduled to deliver via c-section on Thursday, August 25th)
Size of baby: Huge. No, really, I have no idea. I have an appointment tomorrow and I am hoping they give me an idea of how big this kiddo is right now!
Maternity Clothes: All I have to say is that I am so thankful for my apron at work. It helps hide my belly when I am bending over or grabbing things under the counter and my t-shirt rides up.
Gender: Girl! Cecelia Alejandra Marquez.
Movement: Cece moves like a crazy woman. Sometimes her movements are so intense it takes my breath away. Makes me think she still is breach and having a hard time getting comfortable. I wonder if she knows that she is making me have a hard time getting comfortable?
Sleep: What's that? All I have to say is the other night I went to bed around 11 p.m. and woke up at 2:30 a.m. Tried to fall back to sleep but kept thinking about the watermelon on the counter in the kitchen. So I decided to get up and cut that sucker open, eat damn near half of it and then watch crappy television until the early, early morning news came on at 5 a.m. Thank goodness I had to be at work at 6:30 a.m. This behavior...is becoming too typical these days. Does anyone have any good reads to offer me so that I can make better use of my insomnia that watching awful television and eating?
What I miss: Wrestling around on the floor with Sofia, sitting/laying/standing/moving with ease, tying my shoes while they are on my feet, catching my breath...the list goes on.
Cravings: This week it was thinly sliced tomatoes doused in rosemary infused balsamic vinegar on top of bread smeared with herbed goat cheese dipped in really earthy olive oil (the cloudy, green, greek kind of olive oil...OMG...). Very specific craving but hey, that's the way I roll. Also, I ate the whole stinking loaf of bread (one those skinny baguettes that come in a paper bag, you know?) and two big tomatoes. It was so amazing.
Best Moment of the week: I cleaned up Cece's room. I made a mess of it in the process of learning to sew. I mentioned in a previous post that I have been sewing. For her room, I sewed the crib bedskirt, the valance and the curtain panels that frame her built-in closet. I also bought some diapers, a diaper genie thing (not the actual diaper genie, I busted Sofia's about three months into using it...so this time we got a different brand), some new bottles, etc. I also found a new car seat I want to get the baby. It matches Sofia's car seat, only it's the infant style. I better get on ordering that in case the baby comes early (oh wishful thinking). Sofia's infant car seat was great except the straps kept twisting and it made it hard to buckle her in right. So Cece gets a new car seat!
0 comments:
Post a Comment