Wednesday

My Mommy turns 50!

Left: photo booth fun about 16 years ago
Right: photo booth on mom/daughter trip when
I was pregnant with Sofia in 2009
Today my mom is turning 50.  To me, she still looks and acts at least 20 years younger than her age.  I'm sure that she is excited about this new chapter in her life, but I don't doubt that the number she is turning is probably making her feel ill.  To help make the day a little more fun, my sister and I decided to throw her a little party this evening.

We're hosting it at a place in town know for being a wine and spirit shop but it has fantastic food, appetizers, soups, salads and of course, drinks!  It's a small gathering of just our family (Sister and her man, myself, hubs and Sofia, my dad and my grandparents) and we have a few special things planned.  First off, we ordered a cute little flower arrangement from the florist next door to my work (which also happens to be two doors down from our dinner spot tonight) and of course, a cake.  Since both my sister and I work at the bakery, we spend a lot of time around cake...and a lot of time working with people to develop their special occasion cakes.  For my mother we plan to have a two tier cake, iced in hot pink white butter cream and adorned with a lime/turquoise pearl around the edges (I like pearls over shells...much more modern and funky).  I plan to pipe little flamingos on it later today at work - my mother loves flamingos.  My parents actually named their old houseboat the S.S. Flamingo and it was totally cute.

Sofia got grandma a few little trinkets, too.  She thought grandma needed some bling for our upcoming family trip to Las Vegas later this month to celebrate my sisters 21st birthday.

So here's to my mama - the coolest lady I know!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

0 comments: