Tuesday

New Years Resolutions

On the way to work the other morning two radio talk show hosts were explaining how they don't make a list of resolutions or goals for the year.  Rather, they take one word and try to live by it every day throughout the year. I thought about that and that is a really, really clever idea.  I think that for 2011 my word to live by will be NEED.  Here's why:

  • The word need has many definitions.  I don't need a lot of things but I really want them.  So when I go to the store/mall/grocery store wherever and am faced with a decision to purchase something I promise to ask myself, "Is this a need or a want?"
  • Do I really NEED to pick up all of these toys/this mess or can I do it in the morning.  This way I can just sit and relax a minute rather than keep going and going and going all day.  This will come in handy later this year :)
  • Do I really NEED to order out/get carry out or can I just make the food on our menu for the day.  Again, another example of want vs. need.  Usually it's all wants.  (Although I really do want pizza every night.)

This is just a couple of examples of my 2011 word to live by.  What's your 2011 word to live by?

0 comments: