Sunday

BABY!

I haven't posted anything since the 9th.  Here's why:
  1. Sofia Grace Marquez was born on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 9:40 a.m. by c-section.
  2. She's perfect, beautiful, wonderful, amazing.  I'm still in shock that something so small and perfect was created by us.  She's a blessing.
  3. My life has changed forever.  I don't mind.  I welcomed the change and am still welcoming it each day.  I just wish I knew more of what she wanted when she's sad.  Now let me note - she's rarely every sad.  Like a normal baby, she fusses every once and a while, but it's usually because: a) she needs food (she's a feeding champion), b) she needs burped (and this is usually the cause for discomfort), c) she has a wet diaper (and she always looks relieved to have her diaper changed), d) she just wants you to hold her and rock in the big chair.
  4. My sleep pattern is way out of whack.  That's normal, I hear.  Sofia thinks the day time is night time and that sleep time is awake time.  Her eyes are more open at night than at all during the day.  I think the light hurts her eyes.  Maybe she's a vampire?
Baby pics to come...maybe during her next nap...

1 comments:

amyluna said...

Congrats! Mommyhood is the best and so rewarding! Good luck with everything!