Well, it looks like the calendar due date is more accurate than the sonogram due date. We're back to September 9th as Sofia's due date. At least this is the verdict from our hospital visit last night. I was feeling a little "funky" so I called my doctor. She said she'd rather be safe and have me go into labor and delivery (LD) to ensure everything was okay. We arrived to the emergency room and they took us up to LD and got me all settled in. I remember the LD rooms from our childbirth class, but I didn't realize how big and kind of intimidating they were until I was laying there in the bed all hooked up to the monitors. The monitors measured the baby's heartbeat (which the nurses said was textbook...so that's great!) and measured my contractions. I was having quite a few contractions but they weren't "good" enough to be considered labor. After the resident doctor did some tests - and I spoke with my doctor over the phone - I was released. Basically, I need to walk a lot, rest a lot and be patient. I feel stupid for going in there and it being nothing, but they kept assuring me it's better to be safe at this point. I agree. But I still feel stupid.
So, we're just waiting around for baby girl to arrive. In the meantime, we're taking advantage of the before 12 p.m. movies for $5 at Village Crossing. Last weekend we saw Inglorious Bastards. Today we're going to see Extract. Going to the movies that early is a little awkward, but at the same time, $5 for a movie is awesome. Plus, I won't fall asleep that early in the day. Hahahaha.
On a side note - has anyone bought the PediPaws? Oliver did. I think it's a stupid tool for dog care, however, the instructions are by far the most hilarious things I've read in a long time. It's almost worth it to buy the PediPaws just to read the instructions.
0 comments:
Post a Comment