Sunday
IT'S A...
May 1, 2009 at about 10:30 a.m. my mom, dad, sister, Oliver and I stepped in to a little room at my doc's office to start the ultrasound. I'm about 21.5 weeks along and now was our turn to discover the sex of the baby. The woman that did the ultrasound was very nice and spent quite a long time measuring the baby's limbs, looking at the organs and determining the size of the baby (about 1.1 lbs). She said she could tell right away what the sex is, but was going to wait to tell us for a while until she finished some of the measurements. Although I couldn't see the screen from where I was laying - I could watch the expressions on the faces of everyone in the room. Sometimes the baby would move it's mouth - as if it were chewing or talking - and other times it would move it's arms and legs. Whenever this happened, everyone's faces would light up and Oliver would smile really big. Then the woman doing the ultrasound said...she...which means, yes, WE'RE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a little emotional these days, I started to cry, mom gave me kleenex and we were all very excited! I think Oliver went it to shock, though. Not because he's going to have a daughter, but because he finally realized that we're having a baby. The woman said, based on the ultrasound, it looks like I'll be due closer to about September 4th, although I was told September 9th based on the calendar. In any case, it's coming up quickly so I'm thinking coming Labor Day - I'll might be going in to labor! I started to feel a bit sick later on that day but that didn't keep Oliver and I from going to the baby store and each buying an outfit for the baby girl. Of course, in our 'color' - brown!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment