Monday

Oh, Cecelia

Feeling rather pregnant these days, I've really been coming to terms with the fact that I am indeed going to have a baby.  This time around I have been so busy working, taking care of Sofia and owning a house (owning rather than renting is a lot more work!) that sometimes I forget I am pregnant.  These days, however, it's much harder to move around.  Although I have had a lot more aches, pains and issues to due round ligament pain - sometimes it still hasn't quite sunk in yet that we will soon have two kids.

So, I thought I would treat myself to a 3D/4D sonogram sometime in the next week or two.  I found a place about 45 minutes from Champaign that offers a significant discount for weekday sonograms.  This town also has a Von Maur...so I think it's pretty much a done deal.  Once I get those photos I will post them.  This is something we couldn't afford to do with Sofia (because Chicago prices are way more than down here).  I really think it will be good for me to do it this time around!


In the meantime, here are a few regular sonogram photos from mid-April when we found out Cecelia was really a Cecelia! :)  I can't wait to meet this little girl.  I have some many questions:

  • will she look like Sofia
  • how big will she be
  • will it be the c-section/delivery/recovery be same as with Sofia
  • how will I manage both kiddos
  • will they both know I love them equally and with all my heart
  • will Sofia feel less loved when I have to nurse Cecelia or can't get up quickly and play as much because I'll be recovering from a c-section
Yeah,  a lot to deal with.  I've read a few other blogs about mom's who've had second children and they all seem to deal with these same issues.  Based on what they right, there is no issue at all once the baby is born.  It all seems to be a mental thing and once baby arrives the love just expands and it's like the heart grows bigger and fuller and more in love.  I'm tearing up just thinking about it.  Damn pregnancy hormones.  

0 comments: