Thursday

It's only Thursday?

This was my first week alone. When I say alone, I mean that I'm stuck at home all day by myself taking care of Sofia and our dog, Isabelle. I'm still not released to drive (until tomorrow) and can't really lift anything much heavier than the baby. I pushed it a little yesterday and lifted Sofia in her car seat and walked down our back stairs. Oliver left the stroller there so I could go on a walk. It was great. I felt really strange walking outside for so long having been holed up in the house for the past month (two weeks before and almost three weeks after baby). It was a nice and sunny day, a little cool, but perfect for a walk. I made it over a half mile...which sounds wimpy, but when you've been cut open and a 9 pound baby pulled/sucked/pushed out of a 5 inch incision, a half mile is plenty.

I'm really anticipating going back home with Sofia. I wanted to try to go home this weekend, but Oliver wants me and the baby to stay in Chicago. So if anyone wants to come visit us, I'll be alone all weekend (Oliver says stay here but then decides he has to work 9-5 on Saturday and play ball on Sunday...boo!).

Finally, here are a few things I feel like sharing today:
  1. My baby makes the funniest little grunts and moans sometimes. I especially like it when she makes little whimpers when she breaths while sleeping. So cute.
  2. Daytime TV is by far the suckiest thing ever. Late night TV also sucks. I despise the words 'PAID PROGRAMMING' on the cable guide.
  3. I wish there was a mailbox close by my house that actually got picked up on a regular basis. I'd promptly return my Netflix if this were the case. Then I would have something to watch instead of cursing the TV, as noted during the aforementioned hours.
  4. I think the swelling I had during the last few months of pregnancy...IS GONE! I was finally able to take of my wedding rings today! Not that I take them off regularly, but they were stuck on my finger and were rather uncomfortable. Did I mention a nurse had to cut off my toe rings while I was in the hospital. Yeah, I got super swollen post-operation and they thought I would have a blue toe if those rings didn't come off quick. Hilarious. The toe rings had a good run, though. Those suckers were stuck on my toe for eight years. I hate feet, so it's gross to think I had a rings on my toes for that long. Sorry to share that about the toe rings.
  5. I'm bored. Can you tell?

0 comments: