Friday

Made it through the first two days of leave...

I officially started my maternity leave yesterday and today rounded off day #2.  I can honestly say, I'm SO BORED!  If it weren't for my mom texting me and the internet, I think I'd go insane.  Sofia needs to get here quick so I'll have something in which to occupy my time.

I did, however, make a damn good dinner.  I made homemade slow-roasted cajun pork.  Then, I pulled it, made a little reduced-fat cajun mayo and turned it into sandwiches.  So tasty.  Oliver thought there was too much red wine vinegar in the recipe, but I couldn't taste it being over powering.

Isabelle's been a little depressed today.  She won't seem to cheer up for anything.  I even sprayed her down with smelly-good dog spray, brushed her out, gave her treats and walked her around the school (a.k.a 1/3 mile).  Thought the walk would bring on labor.  Instead, it just made Isabelle poop.  It was awful.  I'm not ready for baby diapers.  Just ready for the baby.  If things are smooth tomorrow, maybe we'll take Isabelle out to Oliver's parents house for a few hours while we grab some Taco Grill.  She loves it out there and maybe the car ride and seeing Mr. Marquez will cheer her up.

0 comments: