Tomorrow night begins the Backlot Bash in Downtown Skokie. Although I'm officially on maternity leave, I think if things are too crazy in the belly, we might try to go. There is a Led Zeppelin cover band playing tomorrow night. Plus, the Village Inn owner told me that if I eat the spinach lasagna it'll bring on labor. About three weeks ago I ate it and nothing happened. It was damn good though. Ooops, I should learn to watch my language. We'll see how things pan out tomorrow. At the rate I'm going, I'll need to get outta the house soon. I'm only about 3 hours into my official maternity leave and I'm already bored and going crazy. Too bad it wasn't nice and sunny outside. I'd sit in the sun with Isabelle!
One last note, I'm practicing with my Babycook this morning. I'm currently steaming carrots and potatoes to make a puree. Hopefully it'll turn out bland, errr, like normal baby food.
Oh, on another last note, since I'm home I'm going to attempt even more culinary feats for dinner. I cook often, but I'm really going to make an effort to incorporate more flavors into my food. Tonight I'm going to make a home made pizza of caramelized onions, fresh rosemary, goat cheese gouda and grilled steak strips. I'll whip up a side dish of fresh heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers drizzled with a poppyseed dressing. Hopefully Oliver will enjoy it.
1 comments:
Can I come over for dinner?! Adam and I both agreed that an August 30th bday would be fantastic since it's our wedding anniversary :)
Post a Comment