Monday, February 9th (my mom's birthday) was my 10 week appointment. Oliver was able to join me and finally met my doctor and her staff. Although Dr. Valfer was running late - she didn't seem rushed or stressed out. Every time we speak it is as if I was her only patient. She really has been, so far, the perfect doctor. Besides that, she offered a lot of information to Oliver and me about the babe. Then she wanted to listen to the heart beat. Of course, I was breathing heavily, coughed, laughed and she just couldn't find the heartbeat. Just static in my stomach (I'm sure there is plenty in there...I was hungry but what's new?). So she decided we needed to do a quick ultrasound so she could see the heartbeat. As soon as she put that ultrasound wand on my tum, we could see this little bean literally jumping up and down and bouncing off the walls. At one point, Dr. Valfer said the baby did a headstand. I'm glad to see that we have an active babe, especially so early on. This must me that the little bean is doing well and must be healthy to be so active. At the same time, I now know why I've been so freakin' tired and so freakin' hungry all the time - this little child inside of me is burning millions of calories per minute! I have a marathon runner inside me and it's sucking my life force! Hahaha.
Speaking of marathon running - the doctor gave me permission to exercise again (hallelujah!) Now, I'm not going to train for a marathon, I'm actually not even supposed to run. Rather I plan to spend at least 30 minutes three times a week in the pool and the rest of the time on my bike trainer and walking. My goal is to walk Isabelle each morning for 30 minutes and then come home to either swim or bike. I think that should satisfy my need for exercise but not push me over the strenuous level (which I so enjoy doing...but will refrain from until the babe arrives).
P.S. Oliver was so exciting to see the babe. He seemed to be thrilled by the fact that there is something jumping around in my belly. Note...week 10...very exciting so far!
0 comments:
Post a Comment